This course develops participants’ capacities in the theory and practice of mediation and/or negotiation as approaches to transforming conflicts. It introduces the key relevant concepts and definitions of mediation and/or negotiation, including specialised approaches like the "safe mediation space" and "culturally-balanced mediation." The course also develops practical skills in culturally-sensitive programming using real-world cases from the MENA, Sahel and Europe regions.
The aim of this training course is to equip participants with:
• Foundational knowledge of mediation and/or negotiation theory and practice;
• Understanding of the different approaches to conflict transformation;
• Applied knowledge in culturally-sensitive programming;
• Relevant communication, mediation and/or negotiation skills;
• Practical ideas for culturally-appropriate approaches to conflict transformation.
Researchers and/or professionals who are interested in conflict transformation and related areas, who wish to expand their knowledge and skills in theoretical and practical approaches to mediation and/or negotiation.
This training course includes expert input, self-study, role plays, group-work, group discussions and practitioner Q&A.
Course length: 2 days
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Tuition fee: 700 CHF
Course size: 10-20 participants